Drinking Well Water

Starting in 2020 the Water Board is requiring all drinking water wells on enrolled parcels to be tested for nitrate-nitrite as N.

Several options are available to the wel owner to have wells sampled:

  1. Sample themselve according to EPA protocols and provide to ELAP certified Lab for testing. Contact a ELAP certified Lab for more details (provide link to list of labs)
  2. Hire the ELAP certified Lab to take sample and test (provide link of ELAP certified labs)
  3. Volunteer well in Coalition Trend Monitoring program, following verification the well meets the criteria to be in the program.

For additional information please visit the Water Boards website at https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/centralvalley/water_issues/irrigated_lands/drinking_water/